Awesome Chaotix Awesome Chaotix

Animation was solid, writing not so much

I've gotta say, your animation and character acting has gotten better and better. Your poses are really sweet, and the animation is fluid when it needs to be. Your expressions are also really nice and exaggerated, and more expressive than ever.

However, I had no idea what the hell was going on in this cartoon. Maybe it's because I'm not a fan of Sonic, Chaotix, or what have you, but I honestly had no idea what was going on. There's just a lot of noise, a lot of motion, and no real semblance of a story or narrative. The animation doesn't stop for long enough to even take a breath, and the whole thing is just tiresome and overwhelming. In your other Awesome cartoons, you can usually enjoy them just the same whether or not you played the games they're based on. I don't know if there were too many game jokes or what in this movie, but nothing really got more than a smirk out of me.

I know the Awesome series has always had a pretty solid pace, but sometimes things just get out of hand. I'm glad your animation has gotten so good, but a story, simple as it may be, and good humor are what always made your animations work the best.

Herzl's: Hanukkah Hyjinks Herzl's: Hanukkah Hyjinks

I like the cut of your Jeb

I'm just going to say I thought this was hilarious. You got the look and feel of those old notebook cartoons down pat, and made some damn funny jokes along the way. Also your Hethro voice is pretty great in this one.

The choice in music was great. It was fairly obnoxious and kind of lent this a surreal quality, constantly boring it's way into my head. It felt somewhere between a baseball bat and a dentist's drill.

Keep doing what you're doing, duder. Now let's eat our cotton swabs!

Street Fighter Chode Street Fighter Chode

Haha, holy shit

I watched this, then out of curiosity I watched Street Fighter Club - holy hell that was painful. I can see why you made this ridiculously long and involved Flash about it.

Every single one of you are heroes. Just thought I'd let you know.

Alphaland Alphaland

Hell games as art argument, how you doin?

This is definitely one of the most inventive games I've ever played here. The minimalist graphics set a good tone for it, and the ambient music made the game very haunting. I never thought a game about a block jumping around a nearly featureless environment could end up being an art piece musing on mortality and existence, but welp, there it is. This game, simple as it is, is definitely something to be considered for the "games as art" argument.

Most of the low scoring reviewers don't "get it" and that's unfortunate. I won't say it's the deepest piece of art out there, but there's some substance to this. I also found the lack of handholding to be a good quality; I only found myself stuck at one moment and that was easy enough to overcome just through fooling around for a minute. You've got a nice statement here.

Click The Skeletons Click The Skeletons

Charming, yet shallow.

The gameplay in this is really, really, stupidly simple. Click the skeletons. Can't go wrong with that, but it doesn't make for much of a game. However, the art and sound come together and make it work. The music is straight out of a game from the 70's, as are the graphics. If it weren't for these, this flash would likely be blammed. Because of the art and sound, I'm giving this a 6, where the gameplay alone would only deserve a 1.

Really hoping you can put your talents to use and make a bigger, better game soon. Whether it used the old school style (which was excellent) or not, I wish you luck in the future.

superluminescence responds:

Thanks very much, that's lovely to read - it achieved all I'd aimed for.

I'm not sure I'll ever make a game much bigger (I am awfully fickle) but I appreciate the comment.

NG Flagging Guide 2 NG Flagging Guide 2

An excellent guide.

Although I personally knew most of these facts already, I can see this being a really useful guide for less experienced Newgrounders. Lots of people could stand to learn how to write reviews and flag abusive ones, and I'm really happy someone took the time to tell them how in a flash submission.

The layout of this was rather good and easy to navigate. It looked simple, yet good. Stylistically it fit with Newgrounds' overall look, which was another nice quality.

The 10/10 rating is for the quality of writing and usefulness of this guide, rather than artistic quality. Good work!

Little-Rena responds:

A lot of people don't like the simple look much, glad you did :)

.:Arabic Desert:. .:Arabic Desert:.

Great!

I really enjoyed this song; I was looking for some music to fit into a desert scene in a Flash of mine, and this was right on target! Reminds me of Age of Empries :)

Candy Zoo Candy Zoo

Absolutely wonderful.

I have no idea how you could have managed to keep a straight face through those incredibly cutesy lyrics. I would have started cracking up after the first verse, that's for sure. Funny, catchy, and adorable. I'm using this in my next flash, that's for sure.

curriemaster responds:

Hehe well I didnt sing the lyrics, but after the tenth take of singing them you kind of cant be bothered messing it up by laughing :P. Still makes me smile to listen to though. Glad you like it and I look forward to your flash! Cheers for the review.

Mixión Mixión

So...

You took Daft Punk's "Robot Rock" and lumped on a load of samples that don't sync up with it in the slightest. There's something called timing you should really look into, as the beats were way the hell off.
If your going to sample music by someone who knows what they're doing, be sure to pay them some tribute by making the music actually listenable. This was flat out painful.

you want summah dis you want summah dis

You want somma dis?

Fix yourself up with dis shit

TheL1st responds:

its funny cause we watched that

wings of destiny wings of destiny

You've done it

You combined 3 of my favorite things: Chicken wings, swords, and posters. This is so good you should make Marshmallow Squad 6 to celebrate.

TheL1st responds:

this sounds of a novel idea